Monday, November 17, 2008

New Louisiana-Themed Rubber Stamps on the Way!!!

Greetings, Y'all!

I have some very exciting news for you: We will soon be getting in MORE Louisiana-themed Christmas stamps, that I'm sure I won't have ordered enough of, regardless of how many I actually ordered! Once Felix puts these up on the website, people are going to swarm! And, I'm going to have him put up samples made using the stamps, so I know once people see some of the things they can do with them, they will just HAVE to have them, now, won't they?! Hopefully, they'll be here by the end of this week. I'll keep you posted on their arrival. In the meanwhile, remember that I am doing the same Louisiana-themed Christmas card class this Thursday that I originally did last week. We had a lot of requests to do it again, by people who missed the first one. Please call to sign up as soon as possible so I can make sure I have enough materials on hand for you.

Felix is still feeling under the weather, but I feel great, and am ready for another busy week. I'm still in the process of putting out all the new Creative Imaginations and Karen Foster Design papers here in the Mandeville store. I already put out the new Stamping Station items. Emery has everything new down in the Metairie store, but I don't think everything is on the shelves yet. I'm sure if you stop by and see him, he'll let you help him empty the boxes of goodies on the table waiting to be put out!

Our crops have really been full on the weekends, and we have such wonderful people coming to us to enjoy and share their crafting, and fun times. Please call in advance if you wish to join us at a Metairie Friday night crop or Mandeville Saturday night crop, both until Midnight or whenever! Also, please remember that you are all welcome to come and crop at either store, any time the store is open, Monday through Saturday, 10 AM until 6 PM. Just please check the calendar to make sure there's no event scheduled at the same time you wish to come that might mean you'll have to share your space!

We should have the new Crop Celebration flyers out this week in both stores, which will be the last weekend of next February, 2009. Their website is not yet updated with the new info, but they are working on it. Stay tuned for more info on this fun, new, cropping event in Hammond, Louisiana! Of course, we will again be a vendor for them, and this time will offer classes.

TIP OF THE DAY:
When rubberstamping, think outside the images that the rubber stamp was originally intended for. You could mask portions of the stamp and use pieces of it to make completely different things than what it was first created for. Look at the outsides of images, and see if you could use them, or parts of them, as flourishes, grass, tree limbs, hair, etc. Looking back at the Pelican stamp from Impression Obsession that I used for my Louisiana-themed Christmas card, and thinking about how I masked off each piece in it separately in order to obtain the final layered result, I realized that I could also use each of those elements separately, in another scene or another form. For example, the wreath would be great used by itself on an image of a door or mailbox, or car/truck hood... the possibilities are endless. Be creative. Be daring. Be yourself, and find joy where you can, in the little things, and in the creation of wonderful keepsakes that are most definitely, individually YOU!!!

Have a wonderful day! Until next time, happy scrapping and stamping!

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment