HAPPY NEW YEAR - 2015!
Wow, I did NOT realize that I haven't posted since June; how quickly time goes by!
Recently, while shopping at the Elmwood Michaels (on Clearview Parkway, in Harahan, LA), I had the pleasure of speaking with one of their managers. During our conversation, I inquired whether they were interested in having an additional Papercrafting Instructor (me!). Lo and behold, the answer was YES! There are now three Papercrafts instructors currently on staff at the Elmwood Michaels.
Workshops are already scheduled for Friday nights in January, from 6:30PM to 8:30PM. (Check out our Calendar!)
Tomorrow, Friday, January 9, 2015, will be an INTRODUCTION TO RUBBER STAMPING workshop. For ONLY $15.00, you will learn:
- Differences between the types of stamps - including how/when each is best used
- Differences between the types of inks - including how/when each is best used
- Proper application of ink or paint to stamps
- How to obtain a beautiful, crisp impression nearly EVERY time you stamp
- Proper cleaning and care for each of the different types of stamps
- Ways to achieve several completely different looks using just ONE rubber stamp
- Basic tools needed to begin rubberstamping
- Different uses for rubberstamping
PLUS, you will leave with a completed project AND a printed handout to keep for future reference!
You gotta admit, THAT is a FABULOUS BARGAIN!!!
On Saturday, January 10, 2015 Michaels will have their Open House event. Stop by between 11:00AM and 3:00PM to see all the Classes that are available, meet the different Class Instructors, and view samples of finished projects. If you wish to sign up for a class at that time, you will get a 50% DISCOUNT on the price of the Class; however, ONLY those Classes scheduled during the Open House will qualify to receive the 50% discount.
I am truly looking forward to seeing y'all there!
Until next time,
Happy Scrapping and Stamping!