Monday, November 3, 2008

Louisiana-Themed Christmas Card Workshop / Basic Stamping Class

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a splendid weekend, as I did. Felix and I even got to go to the cinema yesterday, and then came home and watched another movie On-Demand! Relaxation overload!

Tomorrow, Tuesday, November 4th I will be having a Basic Stamping class in the Mandeville store at 6:00 PM. Please call in advance if you are planning on attending (985-624-3338). In all my Basic Stamping classes, I give you a printed handout of the information that I teach you (because there's a LOT!) so you can refer back to it when you get home and begin your own stamping projects. In the Basic Stamping class I teach you: The difference between all six (6) types of ink and what their different applications are for; how to properly care for and clean your stamps; the different types of stamps and other things you can use to stamp with; how to get a great, crisp stamped impression every single time you stamp; how to heat emboss; how to use chalks in different forms and how to prevent the chalk dust from rubbing off; how and when to use blender pens; and different ways to color in your stamped images. That's A LOT for a Basics class, I agree, and it is a 2-hour class. I include all of these things because I LOVE stamping (can't you tell?!) and I want to share with you a diverse overview of all the wonderful things you can do with this type of papercrafting. I do have an Advanced Stamping class that includes even more information on masking and using multiple stamps to create one image, stamping on surfaces other than paper, and using a stamp-positioning tool. I don't have an Advanced class scheduled right now, but if you contact me, I'd be happy to do the class with you one-on-one if you want it this month, in either store.

This Thursday, November 6th, we will be doing the LOUISIANA-THEMED Christmas Card Workshop. OMG!!! This class will actually be done using some of the Advanced techniques, but don't worry if you haven't mastered the basics yet. I'll show you step-by-step what you need to know and do in Thursday's class, as we go along and create our cards. We will be using multiple stamps to create ONE scene, and it is absolutely AWESOME!!! Thursday's Workshop will be in Mandeville at 10:30 AM, and in Metairie at 6:00 PM. Please call us or e-mail us ASAP if you want to be included in this outstanding class. I have a limited amount of the stamps available to purchase afterwards, and I can tell you that the few who have seen the finished product have already signed up and prepaid for the stamps we will be using! I have placed another order to get more of these great stamps in, and am waiting for word from my Sales Rep on when they will arrive. A lot of people want to do these as the Christmas cards they send out this year. If you have not really stamped before, please consider coming to my Basic Stamping class tomorrow so you'll feel confident as you create your cards Thursday.

This Saturday, November 8th, we will be doing a general Christmas Card Workshop using some really nice stamps. If you wish to make cards without stamping, please contact me so I can pull some products together for you and get instructions printed so you can make your cards without using stamping.

I hope you have a wonderful evening, and remember to GET OUT AND VOTE TOMORROW!!! I don't care who you vote for, just vote! It is a privilege and a duty that we have as American citizens, and EVERY vote counts!

Until next time, happy scrapping and stamping!

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment