Tuesday, July 3, 2007

A Good Day

Today was one of those laid-back days where things just kind of flowed by. We put out more layovers and lasercuts (we got three boxes of them!), and faxed Judy the GCS information on classes and make-and-takes. We had a good number of customers, all of whom were very pleasant, and it was an overall good day.

We had two friends in from Mississippi who were shopping for items for books about a pageant they were involved with. These two ladies had been close friends since the 7th grade, they said, and I was very impressed. In these days, it is so hard to find a good, true friend, and even harder to be able to maintain a friendship when you do because of all of the busyness of our lives now. I was very happy for them. They purchased the entire line of our pajama party collection, and an armload of albums. They are making a scrapbook for each girl in the pageant that they are working with. Such fun. You never know what people will be into, and it is so nice to see that these girls will have a scrapbook made just about them to commemorate the event.

We got in another order to create a scrapbook for someone. This one is about an LSU Nursing School graduate. Her mom was very excited, and I can't wait to begin working on it tomorrow. Emery will help me with it, of course. His ideas are always so creative. I enjoy being able to work with my son (and my husband) in scrapbooking. It's a great way to grow closer to them, and to get to know them in a way that I wouldn't have been able to know them otherwise. I get to view things through their eyes for a bit, and see how they think about life.

Maybe tomorrow will be more exciting. For tonight, just enjoy being. Yes, it was a good day.

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment