Sunday, September 9, 2007

Tip: Font Catalog

Well, we're getting ready for ScrapFest! again. It seems like I just finished unpacking from Crop-N-On the River, and now we have to repack all over again. I don't mind though. I have totally different stuff to bring with me to ScrapFest! and I can't wait for everybody to see it all.

Monday begins Felix's birthday week of sales. He turned 40 today (sshhhhh!!!!) and so he's having 40% off sales all during this coming week. Every day he will have something different on sale at 40% off, so be sure to stop in each day to see what bargains you can get. You have to come into the store to find out what's on sale, though, so don't bother calling to ask. No cheating!

Emery will be holding a crop (by himself, again) this Friday, since Felix and I will be at ScrapFest! Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I'm going to try to squeeze in some crop time for myself, but with so many people that attend ScrapFest!, I'm not sure if that is actually going to happen. We shall see.

I would like to pass on a tip to you. I'll try to post tips as often as I can. If you have any special tips or tricks you use in your papercrafting, please write me. I'd love to share them with everybody.

Create a small font catalog showing the typeface of each of the fonts you have. Keep it with you in your purse, crop bag, or with your supplies so you will be able to refer to it when you're thinking about journaling or creating a title. Remember that the font style often sets the mood for the page, so make sure it works well with your title or journaling. You wouldn't want a very elegant, script font used on a beach layout, would you? That just wouldn't seem right. There are many free fonts out there on the internet, so search for them and have fun with them. The possibilities are endless!

Until next time, happy scrapping!

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment