Monday, September 17, 2007

So, ScrapFest! has come and gone and now I think I actually have time to breathe. We had great fun, met so many new people and made new friends, and also got to visit with others who have moved away from the New Orleans area. I did take a little time to scrap, myself, and actually got 5 pages done. Well, sort of. They still need journaling and frou-frou, but the 'meat' is there and the layout is put together. I'm not sure when I'll have the time to sit down and finish them, but it's a start!

At ScrapFest! I got to sit with a couple of my best friends, Chris and Ann, and although she couldn't make it, there was a place saved for Charlotte. We even drew her name on her spot so we would feel like she was there. It was funny, too, because as Chris and Ann finished their layouts, they put them in Charlotte's spot, so it looked like Charlotte was REALLY busy! Felix teased me about not getting much done, but it's kind of hard to run a booth and scrap at the same time. Felix even got a chance to do some papercrafting, himself. He made a crown with a couple of the fleur de lis lasercuts and Mardi Gras alligator diecuts, Stickles, and jewel brads. I was proud of him, he even got over his fear of the Crop-A-Dile and actually used it finally!!! In all, it was loads of fun, and we are definitely looking forward to the next one, next February.

We've got the store mostly put back together, just a couple of tweaks here and there. Our next event will be the Scrappy Sisters Crop in Pensacola, Florida on October 4th, 5th, and 6th. We have some fun things planned for that event, too. I'll let you know more about it as the time gets closer.

Since I've already mentioned the Crop-A-Dile, I'll give you a tip on that. I've seen a couple of them with the setting tip pushed all the way in, inside the head, unable to use. Don't fret! Take a pin or paper piercer and push it into the hole where the tip pushed into, inside the head. You'll feel it in there. Give a slight push with the pin inside there, and the head should pop right back out, ready to use just like new. I've had this happen to my own Crop-A-Dile and fixed it right away. Emery and Felix taught me this little trick. I hope it helps you if you ever have that happen.

Until next time, happy scrapping!

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment