Friday, March 25, 2011

More Themed Brads/Eyelets; Creatively Using Excess Energy

Felix has put up more themed brads and eyelets on the webstore, so go check it out!  And he's not even finished yet--we have tons more that's he's still working on adding. 

Also, you can now simply type NewOrleansScrapbookSupplies into your browser (no spaces!), hit the CTRL+ENTER key, and be brought straight to our webstore!  (It will take you to http://www.neworleansscrapbooksupplies.com/)

And, of course, I'm still working on updating the Tips & Techniques section, so you may wish to check that out on our main website (http://www.scrappersaurus.com/).

Our website and webstore are a constant work-in-progress and a definite labor of love!  Please let us know if there's anything in particular you'd like to see on either one.


On a personal note, I subscribe to the DailyOM (http://www.dailyom.com/. They send me inspiring updates throughout the day with musical reviews, my personalized horoscope, and just plain good advice and news. The funny thing is that it is ALWAYS eerily relevant to whatever is going on in my life at that time, so I often find peace and understanding of my situation in the words of their articles.  I know this sort of website isn’t for everybody, but I sincerely believe a lot of what they speak about has much logic and reasoning behind it.

Today, I received an article discussing how everyone needs to channel their excess or unsettled energies into constructive creativity. In essence, the excess and/or unsettled energy has potential to cause unnecessary anxiety and apprehension, which we all know is detrimental to both our physical and emotional well-being. And this is exactly one of the many reasons why *I* do crafting!

Stressors sometimes get blown out of proportion if I just sit idly and worry about "what to do". But I find when I engage myself in something constructive, I discover myself thinking more clearly and objectively about the issue, sometimes even from different perspectives than I originally had. Once I get to this point, more options seem to suddenly be available than what I originally thought, and I can then make a clear-headed decision or determination of what the next step is supposed to be. I usually also feel satisfied with myself, knowing I took control of my stressors, and didn’t allow them to wear me down or prevent me from enjoying the REAL life I have been so richly blessed with.

If you wish to visit the DailyOM website to see if it is something you enjoy or find interesting, click here: http://www.dailyom.com/Namaste.


Even though it is Lent for many of you, you can still Laissez le bon temps roulez, cher!

Until next time, happy scrapping and stamping!

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment