Monday, March 8, 2010

Get Real!!!

Today I received an e-mail from another retailer, and in it she had a link to Ali Edwards' blog post. When I went to it and read it, I was amazed--it seems that I always receive e-mails from sometimes even strangers about things that are SO relevant right NOW in my life. This was exactly the case. Ali is an avid scrapbooker, a very creative designer, and the author of some really helpful publications. I am fortunate enough to own several of her works, and I find her perspective helpful to me because it makes me think of things I don't normally think about. And this blog post she had today was totally in keeping with that. It's about Getting Real in your life. Beginning things you need to finally get started on, and ending things that no longer bring you what you need or want in your life. Please check it out. I'm certain a lot of you will find it as wonderful as I did. And with Spring Cleaning being on everyone's mind now, reading her post certainly gave me some ideas for what I want (and need) to do in order to REALLY get things into better shape. Nobody's perfect. Nobody's life is perfect. If it was, it wouldn't be worth living, now, would it? The ideas she gives in here gives a jumping-off point to making it more the way you would like it to be, and less of the way you don't. Enjoy! http://www.aliedwards.typepad.com/

We are still adding new items to the webstore... seems like I'll never finish! And, of course, in reality I hope I never do... I would love to be able to bring y'all new items frequently. I am, however, going to be more disciplined in working on the Layout of the Month and Card of the Month Clubs, and have already told Felix I won't be answering the phone, turning on my computer, or even cooking dinner on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Those two days of the week are going to be devoted entirely to creating my kits and trying out new products and techniques so I can bring y'all the best in learning and trying out new techniques and products without breaking the bank. Yours or mine!!!

I'm also working on contests now, and surveys, and giveaways. And my designer is still working on the online video classes. Something else I have up my sleeve (yeah, it's pretty crowded up there!) is ONLINE VIDEO CROPPING where I can have a number of people online at the same time, and they can all see each other. Not like Skype or AOL or Yahoo!'s Messenger services. I'll let you know how it is coming, and when we'll be able to start. I miss my customers and friends in Louisiana so much, and I want to be able to see my customers around the globe who purchase from us, too. This video crop is the way to solve that, I think.

This weekend I learned something I'd like to share with you. You all know how much trouble I have with my back. Well, I was sitting on my pity-pot moaning about my pain in my leg, when I realized I needed to thank God that I had a leg to have pain in. I met a double-amputee this weekend, and I'm certain he would love to have pain in his legs because then it would mean he wasn't an amputee. It actually helped me to deal with the pain better. I am trying to correlate that to everything else in my life that I find I have issues with, and I find that things are actually going more smoothly for me since I have changed my focus from what is wrong with something to being genuinely grateful for it. I hope it helps you, too, in some way.

Have a wonderful day, and an even better week!

Until next time, happy scrapping and stamping!

Dee

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to go check out that post on Ali's blog Dee. This was a seriously inspirational post. You rock girlie!

    ReplyDelete