Thursday, September 10, 2009

Felix's Birthday, Scrap Pink 2009, Best Creations, Crafter's Workshop...

Yesterday was Felix's birthday and we took him to Bosco's Italian Cafe (again!) for dinner. As usual, it was outstanding. I had the shrimp and pasta, Emery had the lasagna (to die for!), Cassie had the penne pasta with Alfredo and they added chicken to it, and Felix simply got the Salami and Provolone Pannini. We did not get dessert, though, because when we returned home, we presented Felix with his cake, as Emery was kind enough to go to Gambino's on Veterans Blvd. in Metairie and get a lemon/chocolate Doberge cake!!! In all, we had a really great, relaxed day.

In other news, I received MORE new products yesterday!!! Best Creations has gorgeous Halloween-themed papers that I simply HAD to get, and then Reminisce has some velvet-textured TIGER PRINT paper that looks and feels like real tiger fur!!! We restocked some of the Bazzill cardstock colors, including the embossed ones. Remember, we have the Vines, Flowers, and Bubbles embossed patterns in several colors. Plus, we got in new New Orleans iron-on images--it says New Orleans on it and it's a feathered mask--beautiful! We also got in NEW Crafter's Workshop templates with several Fleur de Lis cutouts and other images. Very, very nice. I think I'm going to have to make a sample with that one so people can see just what you can do with it. You know, you can use Crafter's Workshop templates for just about any type of stenciling you might need: scrapbooking, stamping, card-making, spritzing, quilting, home decor, etc. LOTS of uses out of just one little template!

Today I placed another order that included new Basic Grey collection packs, American Craft glitter buttons, Doodlebug Designs sugared brads, and MORE!!!

I'm almost finished with putting the kits/grab bags together. There will be themes for just about anything you can imagine: baby boy, baby girl, adoption, twins, home improvement, European travel, Caribbean travel, South American travel, general road trip, Red Hat Society, Birthday, Easter, Christmas, Halloween, etc., etc., etc.!!! I think you get the picture!!! Cassie is supposed to be coming over today to help me finish them, and to help me work on the webstore. She's really great with computers, and very knowledgeable when it comes to putting papers and embellishments together, and I'm so glad to have her help. Emery will be busy scanning a 12x12 scrapbook album for a customer and burning it to a CD for her, and will also be working on getting some more of those Streetcar Lasercuts in for us. In all, it promises to be another full day.

Scrappersaurus is a proud sponsor of Scrap Pink 2009 hosted by Scrappin in the Streetcar, a local Meetup group. Here's a link so you can visit it to check out what they have scheduled, and also to register: http://scrappink.kincke.com/. Again, I don't have to tell you what a worthwhile cause this is. I personally know six (6) women who have breast cancer, three (3) of whom had to have bilateral radical mastectomies with reconstructive surgery. Breast cancer is nothing to fool around with, and if you haven't had your annual mammogram, NOW is the time to stop everything and go schedule it. According to what I've heard recently (remember, I'm NOT a doctor) breast cancer is treatable in most cases, with a very high survival rate if you have it diagnosed early enough and follow proper treatment set out by your physician. Please don't be a statistic, and don't make that number of women I know with breast cancer increase. Please take care of yourself and take it upon yourself to get up and go get it done NOW to possibly save yourself and your family and loved ones the absolute devastation and despair that generally comes with that sort of a diagnosis. Ok, thank you. I feel a lot better now. I'll climb off my soap box.

Ahem... well, I'm off to finish kits and see what other trouble I can get into. I hope you all have a wonderful day. Remember, I might not see the majority of you all anymore, but it doesn't mean I don't think about you or care about you. Please feel free to drop me a line or call me (504-258-1718). I miss you all so much!

Until next time, happy scrapping and stamping!

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment