Friday, February 6, 2009

Marah Johnson Workshop / Hurricanes Workshop / Distress Layout Workshop

Marah Johnson's Workshop schedule has changed, so please take note!!! There will be a Thursday evening class (Feb. 26th) which will be the Safari book, and a Friday afternoon class (Feb. 27th) which will be the A-List book. PLEASE CALL US AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TO LOCK IN YOUR SPOT!!! The phone number is 985-624-3338.

Now, on a totally different note, I'd like to share something special with you all. All of you who have met me and know me personally know just how much papercrafting (of all sorts) means to me, and how much I LOVE what I do. Thus said, you all know how thrilled I am when you give us feedback letting us know that all the hard work Felix, Emery, and I put into bringing you all wonderful and unique products is worth our while because you like what you find here. Well, I'd like to share a letter we received last night from a customer who visited us from out of town. It is this sort of thing exactly that makes us feel what we do is worth all those long, hard hours we put in. Here it is:

Dee,

You might not remember me, but I shopped at your wonderful store right after Christmas. I was visiting from Texas and was thrilled to be in a "real" scrapbook store--so thrilled in fact that I came to your store three times in the week that I was supposed to be visiting my family in Hammond! Now that I am back in Texas and scrapping with my girlfriends, I just had to tell you how many compliments I have gotten on the paper I purchased at Scrappersaurus. Every time I pull something out, someone asks, "Where did you get that paper?!" And they are very jealous of all my Stickles colors. ;-)

You've provided me with many hours of enjoyment and creativity. I look forward to seeing you all again this summer when I visit. I'll keep checking your website, too.

Sincerely,

T.R.


I have to tell you, I just about cried with joy when I read that letter. Thank you to ALL of you out there who let us know that you appreciate what we do. After all, we do it for YOU!!!

Remember that the Healing from the Hurricanes Workshop (first one) will be this Saturday at 11:00 AM. We have information posted on the website calendar that lets you know what it's all about. We have had a number of customers voicing their desire to do something with their hurricane photos or to put something together on the hurricanes. So, we worked really hard to come up with the topic list that you will see if you click on the class title for that day or cut and paste the following link into your browser: http://www.scrappersaurus.com/KatrinaWorkshop.html. We have a handout planned to give to participants that list many, many different links to gather even more information, news articles, and pictures from the different hurricanes (not just Katrina). Please consider coming. I know it won't be easy, but I do believe it will help you to feel better in the long run. We all know how soothing and therapeutic papercrafting is when we're really stressed out. We believe that papercrafting this very stressful subject will actually turn out to be a healing process for many. Please sign up now so we can ensure that you will receive a handout and all of the photographs we will be giving to each participant.

Also this Saturday is the Tim Holtz Extravaganza Distress Layout Workshop. Many of you have seen the sample on the counter at the check-out in the store. Heather will teach you many different ways to distress papers, photos, and fibers using different techniques and the multitude of products Tim Holtz has come up with just for distressing. If you have not signed up already for this Workshop, please do so now so we can make sure we have a kit put together and ready for everyone who wishes to take the Workshop. You will leave with a finished layout, tag, and some Tim Holtz product.

I hope to see you all this weekend. Until next time, happy scrapping and stamping!

Dee

1 comment:

  1. It's so satisfying to hear from people who appreciate the work you do.

    Good for you, Dee. I'm glad you got that feedback. It's the kind of thing that can keep you going.

    ReplyDelete