Wednesday, October 17, 2007

We have the new Peek-A-Book board books that everybody was asking for in Pensacola. Felix put them on the online store, and you can order them directly there or call to place your order, or just come on in and get them. I will be doing classes with this great little book in November, and we have some extras on hand, too. For those of you who are unfamiliar with what I am talking about, this is a heavy chipboard-like "board book" with pullout sections on which you can put hidden journaling or include extra photos. I made a Halloween-themed one in Pensacola, which made everybody go crazy asking for the book. It thrills me that I can find things that tickle others as much as they do me. I love this little book, and I'm sure you will, too. You can use it for a child for a book to teach colors, numbers, or the alphabet, or you can use it as a brag book, or you can use it as a mini-album for any occasion. It has just the right amount of surfaces to place things, yet is not so big as to be overwhelming. Come by and see it, and decide for yourself. You may just want to take a couple home.

Sherry from Scrapbook Hardware in Baton Rouge will be teaching a class for us on Saturday, November 3rd at 11:00 AM. It will be two Chrismas layouts, and Felix promises he'll have pics of them up by Friday so you can see what they'll look like. The cost is only $25, and you'll be working with several different techniques, so it's sure to be great fun. Along with the pics, I'll have Felix post the items you'll need to bring with you to this class--it won't be just a paper trimmer and adhesive! Sherry's going to make you work for these layouts, and we're going to have lots of fun doing it. Please call and reserve your spot early, as space is limited.

Here's something fun that Felix found on the web. Click on this link and check this out. It is absolutely amazing. I see her going one way, and Felix sees her going in the opposite direction. How can this be???!!! It's a lot of fun, either way it goes. http://www.switched.com/2007/10/15/the-trippiest-optical-illusions-on-the-net

TIP OF THE DAY
Now for today's tip. This is one I want you to experiment with and e-mail me your findings. I read in a Creating Keepsakes book that you can create your own raised "pebbles" over letters by doing the following. Put a pop-up glue dot on top of a small stamped letter or sticker (one dot on top of each letter in a word). Pour clear embossing powder over it to entirely coat the dot(s). Tap off the excess embossing powder. Heat it with your heat gun, like you would in regular heat embossing. The result will be a raised "pebble" over your letter. I haven't tried this myself yet, but it sounds like it would work. Let me know your results.

Until next time, happy scrapping!

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment